Abbeyfield The Dales is a great place to work, here are just a few reasons why:
– A competitive starting salary of £9.00 per hour for all roles, regardless of age
– Award-winning training, funded by the company and which you are paid to attend
– Uniform is provided free-of-charge
– 29 days paid Annual Holiday Allowance (pro rata)
– Company sickness benefit scheme
– Generous company Pension contributions
– A supportive and team-focused environment, with a family feel.
– With a person-centred approach, we embrace our vision and values and truly care for our residents.
For further details please contact:
TELEPHONE: 01943 886012 / 01943 886004
Roles available: Care Assistant, Senior Care Assistant, Kitchen Assistant, Chef and Domestic Assistant
Locations: Fern House, Bingley. Grove House, Ilkley. The Beeches, Menston. Woodlands, Skipton and Ing Royde, Halifax
Flexible working with excellent rates of pay, starting at £9.00 per hour
We are currently recruiting for Bank staff across all Abbeyfield The Dales sites, and in numerous roles:
Joining our team as a member of Bank staff allows you to be flexible with your working hours, giving you the option to choose how much or how little you work, and when.
Bank staff have no contracted hours, and will be called upon to cover annual leave, sickness and other busy periods within the business. Bank staff are paid at the same excellent rates of pay as permanent members of staff, and accrue annual leave per hours worked.
As a Bank member of staff, you have the option to work at any of our Abbeyfield The Dales sites across West and North Yorkshire, which include:
As a Bank member of staff at Abbeyfield The Dales, you will benefit from the same award-winning training as permanent staff, delivered in-house and which you are paid to attend.
For more information and to apply, please contact our Recruitment team:
Telephone: 01943 886012 / 01943 886004
Location: The Beeches, Menston
Hours: 14 hours per week
Salary: £9.00 per hour
We are currently looking for a Care Assistant to join our friendly team at The Beeches, Menston. Ensuring our residents feel secure, cared for and valued is at the centre of everything we do.
The Beeches is an Independent Living with Extra Care property (Extra Care Housing). Our apartments provide residents the privacy of their own affordable, high quality accommodation, combined with the companionship of others.
You will be working an average of 14 hours a week on a two week shift pattern to include working every other weekend.
Shift pattern is as follows
Week 1 Mon/Tues/Sat/Sun = 16 hours
Week 2 Wed/Thu/Fri = 12 hours
To work mornings only. Hours to be arranged with the suitable candidate.
The salary is £9.00 per hour.
• Award winning paid training
• Free uniform
• 29 days paid holiday (pro rata)
• Generous pension scheme – 3% employee, 5% employer
• Death In Service – 3 x annual salary lump sum payment to nominated next of kin
• Refer a friend bonus
• Supportive, team-focused environment with a family feel
• Charity worker discounts
• To participate in the delivery of care to the residents to ensure that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met and ensuring dignity, choice, independence and respect
• To ensure that all aspects of the regulatory framework are met
• Consult with residents and the senior team to assist in developing individual care plans for residents.
• Work effectively with others to ensure that resident’s needs are met.
• To promote and encourage independence at all times to enable residents to achieve their own personal goals and objectives.
• To provide support and security to residents at all times.
• A. Ability to communicate and interact well with people
• B. To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
• C. Ability to work well as part of a team.
• D. A willingness to undertake training to achieve NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent
• E. Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
• F. Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
• G. Experience in a similar role within a health or social care setting
• H. A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent.
• I. Working in services for older people
• J. Evidence of continuing training and development.
This list is not exhaustive so please see full job description please click here Job Description – Care Assistant – New
Abbeyfield The Dales have a fantastic induction programme and excellent training opportunities, with a focus on supporting staff to build long-term careers with the company.
ALL ROLES ARE SUBJECT TO DBS CLEARANCE, SATISFACTORY REFERENCES AND A 3 MONTH PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
Closing date: 15th December 2019
Interview Date: Friday 20th December 2019
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £9.00 /hour